"My Kitchen Rules" program
This plan came from Kaa at 3rd Karratha Dingo Pack, W.A.
It covers areas of the various boomerangs & some achievement badge work.
You will need an oven for the scones as well as a hot fire with cooking coals.
Lemonade adds a touch of zingy sweetness to this non-traditional scone recipe, which uses
cream instead of butter and is super quick to make. These sweet and delicious scones are
delicious hot from the oven- just the right type for hungry cubs.
- 1 cup of lemonade (not flat)
- 1 cup of cream
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- Handful or two of sultanas (optional)
Note: When you turn the mixture out onto the kitchen bench, dust it again with more flour so
it isnít too sticky to cut up.
- Preheat oven to very hot 220įC.
- Mix flour, sultanas, cream and lemonade. Mixture will be soft
- Turn onto a lightly floured board. Pat down, do not roll.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut scones.
- Brush tops with milk or a lightly beaten egg.(Using egg makes them more golden when cooked).
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until tops are golden
Meat and two Vegetable:
- Green Beans
- Powered Gravy
- Dash of water
- Foil containers
- Dice vegetables into 1cm squares.
- Place meat on bottom of foil container
- sprinkle gravy over meat
- place cubed vegetables on top.
- Add dash of water.
- Cover with alfoil.
- Place in hot coals for 10-15 min.
Quick Cub Trifle
- Mini Jam Rolls
- Diced Two fruits
- Jelly (pre-make this)
- Pouring custard
- Whipped Cream
- Choc Sprinkles
- Clear plastic cups
- Cut jam roll into chunks and put into cup.
- Place 2 scoops of two fruits over the jam roll.
- Scoop 3 spoons of jelly on top of the two fruits
- pour custard on top.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle choc sprinkles to finish.
- Add 2 heaped spoons of milo to cup.
- Add boiling water.
- Top up with milk
© 20011 Ian Moggs, all rights reserved.
However - rights are given for copying and printing for personal use or use in cub-scout or similar groups.
Last updated 11th May 2011.
Email me anytime - i2 @ robian .net (without the spaces).